Today we will discuss HVAC talk forums, what they are, and how they can help your business.
It’s so helpful to have a group of professionals in any given industry to bounce ideas off of, talk about the latest equipment, solve problems, vent about customer service and employee issues, and generally uplevel your business; that’s what an HVAC talk forum is and where it comes in handy.
Why HVAC talk forums are good for your business
It’s a good feeling when you have a support system of others in the same profession to talk shop and collaborate with, others who “get it,” if you will, but let’s look at the benefits of why it pays to be active in these forums.
Benefits of engaging in an HVAC talk forum:
- Troubleshoot atypical HVAC problems
- Job postings
- Discussions about the latest equipment
- Technical information
- Tools of the trade
- Items for sale or trade
- Share insight and knowledge
- Information about special licensing and training
- Permit information
- Sharing articles relevant to the trade
- Administrative software of the trade, such as ServiceWorks, handles service scheduling, payroll, and equipment info for each customer.
How to use HVAC talk forums
Now that you know why you should be in an HVAC talk forum, let’s look at how to use these to take your business to the next level.
When you’re using these forums, it’s important to remember to be professional. There may be opinions that you disagree with or challenging personalities. Especially with online platforms, it’s best to be polite or not say anything if you find someone difficult.
Share your knowledge and expertise in the field; feel free to share your experience here. This can be a place to learn, share, and show off your skills if you are an expert in this field.
Lastly, be confident with a bit of networking. You are making connections with others in your field. Introduce yourself, and don’t hesitate to weigh in on any threads in your area of knowledge. You never know who is on the other end and who may have some new possible business connections. Listen to others and ensure you use your manners; a little thank you goes a long way.
Using HVAC talk forums to build your business
Sites like Just Ask are set up so homeowners can ask questions about their systems and equipment and connect with a professional in the field. That professional could be you, and you’ll be paid for answering questions on the site. This is a great way to earn a little extra income each month.
Networking with other professionals through regular talk forums is also a great way to build your business. You never know when a referral may come in from another HVAC contractor who can’t take a job and passes the client along to you.
Top HVAC talk forums
Here’s a list of some of the top HVAC forums right now and a brief description of what you can find in each one:
- Reddit – HVAC: a general HVAC thread for troubleshooting, sharing info, tips and tricks, products, and more.
- Reddit – HVAC Advice: this is more for tenants, homeowners, or anyone to ask for advice about their HVAC systems.
- HVAC Site Forum: Industry talk, tools, equipment, machinery, classifieds, etc.
- HVAC Tech group forum: Industry info, machinery, safety regulations, codes, technical information, classifieds, etc.
- HVAC talk forum: The HVAC forum includes automation, DDC, pneumatics, and more.
Now you clearly understand HVAC talk forums and how they can be a helpful business tool.
As your business increases, consider investing in administrative software like ServiceWorks to help streamline your business behind the seams. This software helps with route optimization, scheduling, keeping track of scheduled maintenance, and more. Try it today for 14 days; risk-free.