Profit and loss is a financial statement that summarizes a company’s revenues and expenses over a given period of time, typically a quarter or a year.
By generating a report based on your company’s profit and loss in ServiceWorks, you can gauge your financial performance to make decisions about investments, expenses, and revenue growth.
Before Running This Report…
It is HIGHLY recommended that you use smaller date ranges when generating this report and increasing that range once you are comfortable with its functions
When opening the report, you’ll have the option to set a date range to generate results. When finished, click Run Report to continue
When generated, a table will appear with the following. You can also change the views to see a list of your profits and losses by month or annual view
- POS – This line will display the information for Point of Sales transactions during the designated time frame. These amounts can be verified in the Payments screen*
- Job – This line will display the information for created jobs and estimates during the designated time frame. These amounts can be verified in the Payments screen*
- Commission – This line will display the information for commission rates allocated to technicians on the job during the designated time frame. These amounts can be verified with the Estimated Employee Commission Report
- Expense – This column will display the total sum of the cost of items and services, excluding the tax rates.
- Income – This column will display the total price paid for items and services, excluding the tax rate.
- Profit or Loss – This column will display the total sum of profit or loss. This is calculated by subtracting the amount in the expense column from the amount in the income column.
At the bottom of the table, you will see a section showing the sum total of all expenses and income during the designated time frame, as well as the calculated profit or loss amount
*If you do not have the Payments module active in your subscription, please reach out to our support team for assistance on how to verify your Job and POS payments
Need More Assistance?
Use the chat bubble on our site here
Phone: 636-220-4363 Ext #1