What This Blog Will Cover:
How to set up a series of recurring jobs
How to view parent and child jobs
How to make edits to recurring jobs
How to delete recurring jobs
A recurring job is a service that is set to automatically repeat for the same client based on a pattern you create. This feature works by creating an exact copy of the job and its information, then cloning it over several designated days.
Recurring Jobs can be used for scenarios such as:
- Regularly occurring services (ex. a weekly pool cleaning service)
- Honoring a client’s long-term contract (ex. cut grass every 2nd Tuesday)
- As reminders for future work to be done (ex. check HVAC units monthly)
With recurring jobs, you:
- Save time, by duplicating basic information from your original job (“parent”) to its recurrence clones (“children”)
- Improve customer service, by allowing you to easily provide clients with visibility into future visits
- Keep your business running, by ensuring you don’t forget to perform important services
The recurring jobs feature will auto-assign the same professional team you selected for the main job. Or if it was unassigned – it will auto-generate unassigned jobs, which you can then assign using our powerful optimization tool.
How To Create a Recurrence
To begin, hover over the Jobs section of the toolbar and select All Jobs.
To access the Edit Job menu, either click the Create New Job button to start a new job or use the Details option to choose an existing job from the list.
Once selected (or once the job is saved if a new one was created), you’ll have access to Recurring Details panel just beneath the total summary in the edit menu. Click Set Recurrence to get started with the process
In the recurrence menu, you’ll have the option to set the following parameters :
- Repeat Every – Set how often the recurrence occurs. This can be set in increments of One Time, Day, Week, Month, and Year
- Repeat On – Set the days on which the recurrence is repeated. You can make as many selections as necessary
- Ends – Designate when the series of recurring jobs end. You can set it to end on a specific date, after a certain number of cycles, or to continue indefinitely.
- Must-Go Dates – Set dates on which the scheduled jobs must be completed. Use this in situations to enforce services on specific dates, regardless of the current schedule.
- Blackout Days – Set a date (or time period) on which scheduled jobs will not be completed, even if previously scheduled for that date. This can be used to ensure jobs don’t occur on observed holidays or other events when your services would be unavailable
In this example, we’ve selected a recurrence to happen each week on Mondays and Wednesdays that ends after its third cycle.
Once satisfied with your recurrence selections, click Done to continue.
Now that your recurrence has been set, the Recurring Details panel should update and display the details of your new recurrence. You should also receive a confirmation message on the creation of your recurrence.
How To View Parent and Child Jobs
To view the parent and child jobs, begin by opening up a job within a recurrence.
Clicking the Go To Parent Job will take you to the first job in the series
Clicking the See All Child Jobs button will allow you to see all of the jobs in the recurrence. You’ll also have the ability to set a date range and search for a specific technician assigned to a job with the Professional Name field. Each of the Ticket No is a direct link to the job in the series.
How To Edit a Recurrence
To edit a recurrence, open up a job in the recurrence series.
In the job edit menu, in the Recurring Details panel, hover over the Edit Recurrence button to see the following options:
- Copy Job Changes Forward – This option copies any changes made to the job you are currently viewing to all future jobs in the recurrence. You can use this to ensure all changes made are reflected in all of the jobs in the recurrence
- Change Recurrences – Use this option to edit the details of the recurrence. This can be used to add or remove extra days to the recurrence, change service dates, or when the recurrence ends.
- End The Recurrence – Use this option to end the recurrence from the current job. This option will delete and remove all future jobs in the recurrence from your schedule.
Need More Assistance?
Use the chat bubble on our site here
Phone: 636-220-4363 Ext #1