This tutorial has been made as per visitors request. A few people asked us how to disable Google Chrome web browser’s built-in spell-checker feature? So this tutorial will help you in disabling the built-in spell-checker functionality in Chrome browser.
Google Chrome’s spell checker feature automatically checks for spelling mistakes as soon as the user starts typing in text box and other form fields in a web page. If you don’t like this functionality, you can disable it with the help of this article.
Here are step-by-step methods to turn off Chrome spell-checker:
Steps for New Versions of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome and click on 3-dots Main Menu button present at the end of the toolbar. Now select Settings menu item.
2. It’ll open Chrome Settings page. Scroll down and click on “Advanced” link.
3. Again scroll down and look for “Languages” section.
You’ll get a toggle button given for “Spell Check” option.
To disable Spell Check feature, set the toggle button to OFF.
Steps for Old Versions of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome and click on Settings button present at the end of the toolbar. Now select Settings menu item.
2. Click on “Show advanced settings…” link given at the bottom of Settings page.
3. Now scroll down a little and click on “Languages” link present. I
4. It’ll open a new window where you’ll see a checkbox “Enable spell checking“. Uncheck the option and click on OK button.
5. That’s it. It’ll turn spell-check feature off.