Promoting and marketing your garage door business can be puzzling and often expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Today we hope to drive you home with great, easy ideas to market your garage door business that won’t break the bank.
Open the garage door of opportunity in your community
Being active in your community is a great way to market your garage door business. Consider attending local events and community meetings to get to know the people you are serving and those who could be potential clients. For example, being an active participant at your local Chamber of Commerce can be a great way to get out there and introduce yourself in real life to new faces, which can equate to new potential business.
Don’t hesitate to donate your time and energy to causes and things you believe in. For example, you may sponsor a local sand volleyball league and offer to fund the uniforms with your company’s name printed on them.
If you see a worn garage door or even many in a less fortunate area, you can check with your local city officials and make a plan of action to clean up that area. If your company helps sponsor the clean-up or you donate services and time, it will get people talking about you. The more positive experiences people have with you, the more recognition will recognize your company.
Home Shows: An entryway for new business
Home shows are the ultimate place to promote your company because so many are gathered in one place for nothing other than all things home related.
They are also excellent networking opportunities that can help reach new customers and are a great place to connect with other business owners like yourself and stay current on industry trends. So attend as many as you can and bring your business cards and walk around the show mingling with potential customers and the other exhibitors, such as architects or contractors – you never know who could offer you a referral in the future.
Create the gateway to a robust online presence
In this day and age, creating a robust online presence is essential for every successful business.
Let’s look at Google My Business and Yelp. Not only is it free to set up a business page, but these platforms have an established and universal following for marketing your garage door business. Potential clients looking for garage doors may go to Google or Yelp and read the reviews to determine if your company is one they want to do business with.
Social media, of course, is an excellent and budget-friendly tool for marketing new businesses. There are many online platforms, and it’s easy to use.
Some free and relatively easy-to-use platforms are:
Tips for using social media to market your business:
- Be consistent in posting. For example, don’t go from posting daily to not posting for a month. Customers associate regularity with reliability.
- Use hashtags and keywords like garage and garage door. Make sure when you use hashtags, words that are usually two words, like garage door, are presented as #garagedoor
- Keep posts simple and to the point. We don’t want to waste time with unnecessary words that are irrelevant.
Don’t close the door on customers after the sale is over
Here are some ways to have top-notch customer engagement:
- Offer timely and thoughtful responses to past, present and future customers.
- Take the time to request feedback, listen, respond, and take action when needed. It’s a senseless act if you ask for input but wait to hear it or make improvements. This is where ServiceWorks comes in to help with the customer surveys after the job is done.
- Give sincere thanks to your customers; for feedback, their business, or referrals. Hearing the words “thank you” goes a long way.
- Respond to comments on social media with kindness and grace.
- Encourage reviews on Facebook, Google, Yelp, and your website by offering your customer a small token of appreciation. After all, time is our most valuable resource, and if they took the time to write a review or fill out a survey, they should be compensated. For example, if they leave a review, they get a 10$ gift card to a local coffee shop or grocery store.
Overview for marketing your garage door business
Let’s take a quick look at the main ideas we covered today:
- Community involvement
- Attending home shows
- Creating an online presence
- Customer feedback and engagement
By now, you have some fresh ideas for how to market your garage door business in the future and can take on more customers as demand grows. But, of course, with growth comes change, and scheduling jobs while optimizing invoicing and keeping up with customer satisfaction can be daunting if you do it yourself.
With ServiceWorks, you can optimize your staff scheduling and planning, accept credit card payments, and provide powerful analytics tools to help you understand your customer base. See how your business can grow with this ServiceWorks 14-day free trial.