Mailchimp is an email marketing platform that allows you to send emails to a group of people through software. It can be used to send newsletters, promotional emails, and other types of communications to your subscribers. With Mailchimp, you can create and design email campaigns using customizable templates, schedule emails to be sent at a later date, and track the success of your campaigns through detailed analytics.
With ServiceWorks, you can integrate your Mailchimp account to enable you to send created email campaigns to your customers directly through our software. Here’s a brief tutorial on how to set up your account within ServiceWorks as well as how to utilize the Campaign feature:
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THIS TUTORIAL: You will need to have an active Mailchimp account AND an email campaign already created within Mailchimp.
If you’ve yet to complete these steps, follow the instructions on the links below and return once finished:
Creating A Mailchimp Account
Creating An Email Campaign In Mailchimp
Integrating Mailchimp With ServiceWorks
To connect your accounts for email blasts, you’ll need to copy and paste the Mailchimp API key into ServiceWorks.
You can locate your Mailchimp API key with the following steps:
- Go to the Mailchimp website and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile name in the bottom left corner of the page, and then click on “Account & Billing” from the dropdown menu.
- In the “Extras” section on the right side of the page, click on “API Keys”.
- This will take you to a page where you can view your API keys, or create a new one if needed.
Now that you’ve located your Mailchimp API key, copy the code in the API key field and open up ServiceWorks on your desktop.
With ServiceWorks now open, navigate to Configuration Tab -> Integration -> Apps and click on the Mailchimp logo
In the following menu, paste the Mailchimp API code into the API Key field and select Save. This will link your Mailchimp account with your ServiceWorks account.
Using Mailchimp Campaigns with ServiceWorks
Now that you’ve integrated your Mailchimp account with ServiceWorks, you are ready to fully utilize the Campaign feature within ServiceWorks.
First, open up the customer menu by hovering over the Customer tab in the toolbar and selecting Customers from the dropdown menu to view a list of your customers
In the Customer view, search and select the customers to whom you wish to send an email as part of your campaign. Once finished with your selections, click the Create Campaign button to continue
In the Campaign popup menu, you’ll have the option to do the following:
- Title: Add a title to the email campaign. This will help you identify it within Mailchimp
- From Name: Add a name to be shown to the recipient. This can be your personal name or the name of your company
- Reply To: Add an email to be the reply address for the recipients of your campaign
- Subject: Create a subject title to be sent with the campaign email
- Template: Select from a dropdown list of created campaigns from your Mailchimp account. Note: You will need to create a campaign BEFORE selecting customers to send it to, otherwise it will not appear in this list.
Once satisfied with your edits, click Send. A confirmation message will appear alerting you to the success of your sent emails.
(Note: It may take a longer period of time for the emails to send to larger lists of customers.)