Dynamic scheduling is when you create job/ schedules in the middle of the day and want to find the closest technicians to assign the job to.
Here is day of Matthew the technician. He has jobs as 8:00am, 10am and 4pm. 3 jobs assigned.
Now in the middle of the day you want to schedule another job at 9:00 am and trying to find the closest tech. Will you pick Matthew or someone else?
For a specific job on that day you open the professional window to select techs.
- You see Alec is 2 miles away but is busy during 9:00am
- Christopher is free and 5 miles away
- Matthew will be in between jobs, he can reach their by 9, but can’t really get to his next appointment by 10 if the job takes longer
- Arnold is free and 7 miles away
With this in view you will possibly select either Christopher or Arnold.
Along with the miles away from current job, this window also gives you other information
- Match Skill Set: Do they have the skills to do the job
- Available: Are they available or off
- Service Area: Do they generally serve this zip code
- Phone Number: Quick call to tech looking at their number.
- Daily Schedule: Snapshot of daily jobs for each tech.
With all this information in hand, your scheduling just got easier!