SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, which is a standard commonly used to send an email.
From ServiceWorks you can send multiple notifications to your customers and employees. By default all the notifications are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org account. But if your customer needs to reply to your email and establish communication with you, you will need to configure your company email as the email sender.
Navigate to Settings -> Notifications -> template –> Personalized email notification. Add all the relevant information in here for your SMTP server and hit save.
Following are the ways you configure for different SMTP Providers.
Visit google support page for more details.
If your google account is setup for 2 step verification or ever been setup for 2 step and now it’s not then please follow these steps.
Go to https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/security Make sure your two step verification is on.
Click On App password.
Select Mail for app and Windows Computer for Device and generate a app password.
Copy this password for your SMTP setup instead of the regular email password. Setup port as 587 and smtp as smtp.gmail.com
Visit Zoho support page for more details.
Ooutlook or Office 365
If the above setup doesn’t work, then please use the following.
Here are the things you need to do.
- Create an App password for the account you are using for personalized setting. Allow users to create App Passwords in Office 365 | Multi-factor Authentication – Service Works Blog
- Use the MX record as your smtp server name. Please read here to find your MX record. What is the hostname of my Office 365 MX records? – Service Works Blog
- Use Port 25
- Enable SSL
- Use the app password created in step 1
- Configure your server to add connector with the following setting
Configure Connector in your Exchange Server
Go to your exchange admin center. Go to Mail Flow then Connector. Add a new connector.
- Name: SW Personalized Email
- From Your Org
- To Office 365
- Verify IP address of the sending server should have all these IP address as the picture below.