AI in Field Service is not new. But as the technology is progressing and machine learning is becoming more powerful day by day, the predictive field service is coming to the forefront. ServiceWork’s AI driven web app and mobile app gives you insight to your business management from a different view point.
Common Use Cases of AI in Field Service
- Route Optimization: The most common use cases for AI in field service include smarter scheduling and route optimization to reduce travel time. Inefficient routing is among the most costly challenges faced by field service organizations. It impacts schedule accuracy, increases fuel costs, and can lead to missed SLAs and customer frustration. But the real advantage comes in mapping optimization to business goals—from SLA compliance to revenue growth—and letting the AI find the right path to each desired outcome.
- Predictive Analysis of Equipment: Equipment failure is very inconvenient to the customer. It depends on type of equipment how severe the situations might be. The AI can put the priority on the most critical equipment and have the system dispatch services to fix those items on priority. And on the next level, it can not only send timely dispatch, it can predict the failure based on past maintenance data.
- Optimizing Business Outcome: There might be situation when there are lot of variables that defines the nature of the job. For example, you need to dispatch providers on a regular interval to a healthcare facility. But there is variables of how far they can travel, how much time they can spend, and some days they can or can’t go. If it was just one provider then life is simple, you can manually assign jobs. But when we are talking about 50 + providers then the complexity rises to another level. It’s a tricky job for single administrator to handle such complex variable. AI takes into account all of these variables to come up with best assignment that will meet all of your SLA.
- Manage Intricate Jobs: Based on different service industry a job could be of different natures. It could be as easy as putting the job in scheduled time slot , or setting recurring jobs on specified time or it could go to a more complex level of multi day jobs with different crew members and contractors. You may also rely on extended service providers to complete your job. ServiceWorks is the only software that manages all levels of service intricacy and delivers seamless customer experience. Real-time weather, traffic, and parts data are integrated to provide a full and accurate picture of the work ahead to ensure it can be completed.
- Scaling with Speed: Today your business may need 10 members who may have 5 skills. Tomorrow when you scale , you will have more members with various and overlapping skills. You can keep assigning the same skill level jobs to the same old member or you can take advantage of the ServiceWorks AI to optimize your job scheduling. Introduce any number of new variables: more technicians, different skill sets, more or overlapping service areas, SLA adjustments, and any other relevant factors—our solutions can handle it. The ability for our system to automatically adjust to changes in your business keeps your service operations future proof.
- Data driven efficiency: ServiceWorks AI is not a one time algorithm. It gets better and smarter with your data input. It looks at your data, analyses it and makes critical decisions and shows you where you can improve and optimize. It can tell you what’s working and what can be improved. It’s an unparalleled view of your operations like you have never seen before. And it all comes from your data, how you manage your operations, how to dispatch and deliver. It looks into the past data and teaches the system to make better decisions.