2019 ACI National Cleaning Survey Topline Results:
- 77% of Households Spring Clean Every Year
- On Average, Spring Cleaning Takes Six Days to Finish
- 33% Do Not Believe They Clean Everything in their Home Often Enough
- 41% Can’t Remember the Last Time They Cleaned the Fridge
- Summary of Key Stats Available Here
Washington, D.C. – March 20, 2019 – Seventy-seven percent of households will spring clean this year, more than ever recorded by the American Cleaning Institute’s (ACI) National Cleaning Survey. According to the data, that’s a good thing because we have some dirty little secrets when it comes to cleaning our homes.
The study, conducted by Wakefield Research on behalf of ACI, revealed that 41 percent of heads of household can’t remember the last time they cleaned their refrigerators, 23 percent can’t remember the last time they cleaned their bed linens, 16 percent can’t remember the last time they cleaned their guest bathroom toilet, 47 percent can’t remember the last time they cleaned their oven, and 20 percent have never cleaned their washing machines.
When they do clean, 1 in 4 people does not believe they clean everything properly, and 1 in 3 does not believe they clean everything in their home often enough.
Spring Cleaning Timing and Priorities
While the average time it takes to spring clean is six days, some early birds do catch the worm. Twenty-nine percent finish in one to two days, and 31 percent finish in three to four days. No matter how long it takes, people agree on what to tackle first.
This year’s top priority for spring cleaning is a clear winner – windows, named by 49 percent of respondents. Other items at the top of the list include clothes, closets and drawers (42%), ceiling fans (36%), curtains/blinds (36%), carpets (32%), hardwood/tile floors (25%), bed linens (17%), and home offices (15%).
Spring Cleaning Outcomes
It may be no surprise that among those who spring clean, the three qualities they look for in products are effectiveness, cost, and their multi-purpose use. The entire spring-cleaning process makes people feel accomplished (36%), satisfied (29%), safe (18%), and happy (18%).
“Clearing out the clutter, getting rid of dust and adding some shine – that’s why spring cleaning is such an intuitive activity for so many Americans,” said Brian Sansoni, ACI Senior Vice President of Communications. “We clean things that might not otherwise get cleaned all year long, and we feel happy and satisfied with the results.”
How ServiceWorks can help the Cleaning Business?
With the ramp up in cleaning request this spring, the organization of your work is most critical so that you don’t loose any time in mismanagement. ServiceWorks provides the best software to run your cleaning business and save hours of time to focus on your customer.
- It offers you extremely efficient Scheduling and Job Tracking feature to make sure you are able to meet deadlines.
- It also provides you a checklist associated with every job to make sure you complete all the tasks in your plate. This is available in a template format so that you don’t have to create it again and again.
- Create an estimation efficiently before you commit to the work.
- Get digital signature of customer on job completion.
- Capture payment on field from your mobile device.
- Access 100 plus reports to get an insight of your operational performance.
Really! You should get started today with our 14 day free trial.