As the auto industry moves on into the modern age, repair centers all around the country are experiencing pressure with the tech world and our world colliding.
We are all trailing nationwide franchises and dealerships that have endless resources working at their disposal. For most smaller auto repair businesses there isn’t enough time, money, or energy to attempt to constantly and actively secure the new business. We’re mostly worried about attempting to maintain the existing business we have, which has newer cars and increasing demands. Most of our time is now spent adjusting to the learning curve of advanced vehicle systems. However, that’s just a shop problem. The front office of your shop has its own issues to contend with that didn’t exist 15 years ago. Make no mistake about it, our industry is in the middle of a revolution and with 3D printing knocking at the door… the amount of balls to juggle are going to be considerable and it’s all just getting started.
Today’s auto repair businesses need to worry about the following:
- Location – Securing a proper location and the authorization to conduct business there over the long term ensures survival.
- Tools – Without the proper tools, we just can’t work on today’s vehicles.
- Training – Without the proper training, we put ourselves and our customers at high risk.
- Employee Engagement – Keeping your employees as interested in your success as you are is critical to the elements that keep people returning and employees from leaving.
- Employee Advancement – Providing an environment where employees know they can grow with your business, whether financially or moving up within the organization, is the key to keeping and securing talent.
- Marketing – This is the most complicated element in today’s world. It involves a mix of a strong web presence, good advertising ethics, social media profile, and following up with customers.
- Advertising – Can be expensive and very confusing. The best method to start is to get your feet wet with small budgets that keep your name in front of your potential customers, constantly.
- Software – Without good software, it is difficult to run any business. Good software is and always has been subjective. Our experiences indicate that good software saves you time and builds trust with your customers. Most importantly, it should work for you and not against you.
How ServiceWorks help Auto Repair
ServiceWorks provide the complete software solution that is cloud based to run auto repair business smoothly. It handles the customer management, inventory management, order management. It can even connect with part distributors to create consolidated Purchase Order. Everything you need is under one umbrella. Sign UP for a FREE TRIAL.